On August 17, 1999 a 7.4 earthquake struck Turkey with
an epicenter just South East of the City of Izmit.
2ND NATO MEDITERRANEAN DIALOGUE SEMINAR
- MATF-01/FEMA Presentation at NATO
Civil Emergency Planning Seminar
EARTHQUAKE DAMAGE - YALOVA/IZMIT AREA (See map of earthquake area)
- Damage to apartment buildings Karamursel Area.
- Portions of Karamursel dissapear into the Sea of Marmara
- Photos of apartment complex in Yalova area.
SITES OF ISTANBUL
- Tour of the sites of Istanbul
- Map of Istanbul
Return to MATF-01 Web Page