Beginning on 1/1/18 until the end of business day 2/15/18, MA-TF1 is accepting new applications.
Quick Requirements Summary:
Members are required to attend a minimum of 40 hours of training every 12 months, calculated on a rolling calendar year.
Members must also commit to a minimum of 20 hours of service time every 12 months, calculated on a rolling calendar year. Service time is MA-TF1 support that does not occur on a regular training day.
Members must attend a 1-day air mobility exercise (flyaway) at least once every three years.
Training is typically offered on every third Saturday.
Attendance at various specific training days is required.
Members must attend a 3-day mobilization exercise at least once every three years.
Please Follow This Application Procedure:
Review the 2018 Letter to Applicants (click here).
Review and agree to the FEMA General Requirements. Training items #2 (IS courses) and #5 (CPR) must be completed prior to applying.
Review the Position Description for the position for which you wish to apply. CDL Class A & B Drivers are desirable; please note if you have a CDL license (click title to review):
- Canine Search Specialist
- Communications Specialist
- Hazardous Materials Specialist
- Heavy Equipment and Rigging Specialist
- Logistics Specialist
- Medical Specialist
- Medical Team Manager: (Physicians with Emergency Department experience, ATLS, ACLS, PALS preferred)
- Rescue Specialist
- Structural Specialist
- Tech Search Specialist
- Technical Information Specialist
Complete a full application packet. Each of the following forms are required. Please DO NOT Staple ANY Documents.
You may download each form individually, or you may download the entire packet here. The forms are FILLABLE Acrobat PDF’s that require you to download them to your computer. It is easier to process your application if you complete the forms electronically.
- MA-TF1 Application: You must specify the position you are applying for
- Memorandum of Understanding: Signed by your employer
- OF 612 Application for Federal Employment
- Personal Service Agreement for Deploying Individuals
- Responder Information Sheet
- Data Transmittal Sheet
- Activation Reimbursement
- Medical History Form: Requires a physical exam with your Primary Care Physician
- Commitment Declaration
- Beneficiary Form
- Policy Handbook Acknowledgement: The full version of these Policies And Procedures can be downloaded here | Policy Handbook Acknowledgement
- Respiratory Medical Evaluation Questionnaire
- Form W-9: One for yourself as an individual; and if being reimbursed by your employer, one from your primary employer
- Passport: A copy of passport (if you currently have one, not required but highly recommended)
- CORI Request Form
Also, include the following documentation:
- A copy of your driver’s license (and DOT card if applicable)
- A copy of your passport (if you currently have one)
- Copies of any professional licenses/Certifications (MD, RN, Engineer, EMT-P, EMT-B, CPR, First Aid, Hydraulics, Hoisting, etc.)
Provide documentation of Training in the following courses. These courses are available online and can be completed by clicking the links:
- IS-33.17: FEMA Initial Ethics Orientation 2017
- AWR-160-W WMD: WMD Terrorism Awareness for Emergency Responders
Upload your files here:
Send your Completed Application packet to:
43 Airport Road
Beverly, MA 01915
Be sure to complete all forms, and DO NOT Staple ANY Documents: incomplete application packets will not be considered.
Thank you for your interest in joining MA-TF 1